Monday, September 18, 2006

More like this, please
On the front page of my New York Times this morning I see the headline "As Senator Falters, a Democrat Rises in Virginia." It's a bout the Allen / Webb race. I'm sure many of my blogging friends will find something to dislike about this piece, but I see it as representative of an important change. For months the approach of the major news media has been to characterize this race with stories about the lack of a Democratic message. The most favorable stories for us have those about disunity among the Republicans. This is the first story I can recall that has framed the story as one of Democratic strength. Or, at least, equal parts our strength and their weakness. And it is definitely the best story I've seen with such prominent placement. Winning over the press is a big part of winning the election. This is a very good sign.

No comments: