Saturday, December 31, 2005

Seven, squared
I haven't been tagged for list meme in a while. I guess it was just a matter of time before someone would get me. As it works out, Mustang Bobby got me. This one is seven lists of seven. So, with Mose Allison's "Seventh Son" playing in the background, here we go:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
  1. Write a book
  2. See that book published
  3. Orbit the earth
  4. See Clever Wife's business become a success
  5. Hold a job that I really like
  6. Spend a season on an archaeological dig
  7. Leave the world, in some way, better than when I entered it

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
  1. Catch... anything
  2. Play a musical instrument
  3. Talk sports
  4. Walk past a construction site without looking into the hole in the ground
  5. Touch typing
  6. Finish... anything

Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging:
  1. I have lots of strong opinions, but I'm too shy to be a drunken pub boor
  2. It makes me write
  3. Pictures of kittens
  4. The awe and respect I get when I tell people I have a blog
  5. Hanging out (virtually) with smart people
  6. Making fun of Bill O'Reilly
  7. I get to talk about mammoths without boring my Clever Wife

Seven Things I Say Most Often (according to my Clever Wife):
  1. "Actually, it's a lot more complicated than that."
  2. "I dunno, what do you want for dinner?"
  3. "Well, this certainly sucks."
  4. "Oooooo, what a nice little cat."
  5. "To understand that, you really need to know what happened before."
  6. "So, are you ready to go?"
  7. "I really love you, Babe."

Seven Books That I Love:
  1. The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
  2. Against the Fall of Night - Arthur C. Clarke
  3. Land Without Justice - Milovan Djilas
  4. Man in the High Castle - Phillip K. Dick
  5. A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter M. Miller, Jr.
  6. The Flashman series - George MacDonald Fraser
  7. Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne

Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again:
  1. King Kong (1933)
  2. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  3. Casablanca (1943)
  4. Sabrina (1954)
  5. The Great Escape (1963)
  6. The Man Who Would Be King (1975)
  7. Blade Runner (1982)

Seven People I Want To Join In, Too:

We have a problem here. Bobby and I run in the same blog circles and this meme is spreading out by powers of seven. I've taken enough time to finish this that almost everyone I know has already answered it, or will never answer it. So, I'll offer it to the world at large. Any one who reads this, consider yourself invited. Write away.

No comments: